Take your unwanted office furniture and turn it into a donation for homeless youth in 3 easy steps
Get in touch with us to recycle old furniture. Our partner Egans will come and assess your furniture and give you a complimentary quote.
2. Save the planet
Your furniture is resold, re-used or re-manufactured by corporate restoration and recycling expert Egans. You get a sustainability statement on your impact on the environment.
Please note, the furniture fund operates in NSW and VIC only at this stage.
What's in it for you?
- An easy and sustainable way to dispense of furniture.
- Furniture will be resold, re-used or stripped down and used for parts – nothing is wasted.
- Be part of a circular economy.
- Support homeless youth through a donation.
Some helpful tools
Furniture Fund Committees
- Sophie Walsh, MPA – firstname.lastname@example.org (Chair)
- Andrew Borley, Mirvac – email@example.com
- Katherine Noden, GPT – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calum Macleod, CBRE – email@example.com
- Tim McIntosh, Colliers – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tess Beattie, ISPT – email@example.com
- Sarah Hogan, MPA – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letitia Hope, ISPT – email@example.com
- Nellie O’Keeffe, Oxford Properties – NOKeeffe@oxfordproperties.com
- Bridgeen Rocks, Aecom – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lorraine Lee, Dexus – email@example.com
- Gemma Seabourne, Charter Hall – firstname.lastname@example.org
This process is complimentary, after contacting the Furniture Fund Team, our partner, Egans, will come at a convenient time for you to assess the furniture.
Each furniture project will be quoted on an individual basis. An assessment of the furniture will be made and a commercial offer to purchase the furniture that has value and that money is donated to PIF.
Once you receive your offer from Egans, the Property Industry Foundation will issue you a tax-deductable donation invoice for payment.
Whilst we appreciate as much notice as possible, our team would prefer 2 weeks’ notice, we are however able to respond in less time.
For the furniture that has no value, we offer a full resource recovery and landfill avoidance program which will be quoted at the same time as we make an offer. We aim to achieve a landfill avoidance percentage of higher than 75%.
Once we have put all furniture through the grading program a full environmental report of resource, recovery and landfill avoidance will be reported to capture the sustainability initiatives.
Can I sell the furniture on a different platform and still donate to the Property Industry Foundation?
Yes, you are more than welcome to donate to PIF.
Can I give the furniture direct to the charity partners of the Property Industry Foundation to home?
Whilst the gesture is greatly appreciated, many of the homes have specific requirements for their furniture, so the funds raised from your donation will go towards building a new home and a safe place for young people to live.
Information and marketing packs can be found on the website for you to download and circulate.
In some circumstances, furniture may hold no value, however there is always opportunity to recycle.
Your organisations donation goes towards building a Property Industry Foundation house. These houses provide our charity partners a safe and new environment to provide support and wrap around services to young people that are at risk of homelessness.
To find our more about a PIF House program click here
Where do I find out how my organisation can get involved with Property Industry Foundation initiatives and engagement opportunities?
There are ample ways that your organisation can get involved, be that attending events, volunteering, creating your own fundraising initiatives and many more. Please do contact the team at 1800 313 116.