Choose your own community fundraiser in support of homeless youth
This year is our 20th year of our annual Hard Hat Day and we want to celebrate the fantastic fundraising and the many many BBQs, morning teas and Foundation flags flying on construction sites over the years.
Hard Hat Day calls on the property and construction industry to get behind our mission to provide homes and support programs to young people experiencing homelessness. As you can see from these 2005 and 2007 newsletter spreads, this annual fundraiser has always been very popular.
In the last four years, together you have raised over $380,000, with the following companies in the top 10 of fundraisers:
- The Dennis Family Corporation
- ADCO Constructions
- Mirvac Group
- Taylor Construction
- Rawson Group
- Payce Foundation
- Frasers Property Australia
- Property Council of Australia
- Scope Projects
- Goldengrove Building Group
Having a place to call home is a basic human right, but tens of thousands of young Aussies will go without a bed tonight. Homelessness has been shown to affect young people’s lives in almost every way: affecting education, training, career options, physical health and mental health. Just by putting on a bake sale, raffle or site BBQ for Hard Hat Day helps us to fund more beds for homeless youth through The Haven Project. The money raised by Hard Hat changes their lives and help stop the cycle of poverty and inequality.
- It’s Free: So let us know what you want to do for Hard Hat this year to celebrate its 20th birthday. It is completely free for participants and a wonderful way to unite your community in a common goal – building safe, secure and welcoming homes for marginalised and at-risk young people.
- It’s Your Event: With Hard Hat, it’s your call how your raise funds. On site, in the office, or online, get ready to show off your organisation’s individual style and flair. From bake-offs for beds, to raffles for rebuilding lives – your activities can take place on a single day, week, month, or even an entire year.
- Uniting Our Community: Fly the flag for kids in need. Hard Hat Day culminates on Friday 26 August 2023, where construction sites across Australia hang our bright orange Property Industry Foundation flags on cranes across their sites.